Innovations make your life easier and smooth. Same goes with the Sewing World. These days Handheld Sewing Machine are getting popular. We received queries for the reviews too. So, here it is! Check out the Best Handheld Sewing Machine Reviews which are currently ruling the industry. Don’t skip the scores given by our Experts which are added towards the end of the review.
There are many brands which come under this Handheld Sewing Machine, but not all of them are worth your expense. Number one point which you must consider is the shape and construction of the unit. When we are dealing with handheld sewing machine, you need something light in weight and portable.
Among all the available sewing machines; Amado and Haitral are Our Brand Picks. The topics including the features, Manual details, accessories will be covered in this.
Best Handheld Sewing Machine Reviews
Most of the handheld sewing machine come at a low cost, so it is affordable for almost all! No worries about the investment, but you need to invest them in the right product. Following are our Top Picks in the Handheld Sewing Machine category. Starting with the Amado!
#1 Recommendation: Amado Portable Mini Handheld Sewing Machine
Mini Handheld Sewing Machines look similar to toys, but in reality, they can handle small to medium sewing projects easily. With the portable quality, you can even carry it along with you.
We have got Amado’s Portable Mini Handheld Sewing Machine as the Top recommended one. This compact sewing machine gives a professional touch to all your stitching works. It includes a unique Quick Stitch mechanism which will sew all your clothes and fabrics speedily and efficiently.
Quite obviously you can’t run heavy fabrics into this machine! That’s not what it is made for! It can offer a great help to all looking out for a basic sewing system.
The small shape of this machine makes it perfect for kids. You can buy it for your child if you do not wish to spend a lot on a sewing machine. Kids may lose interest in some days too. Therefore you can opt for the best inexpensive option, and get one Portable Handheld Sewing Machine for your champ.
Amado has recently released their new Mini Handheld Sewing Machine model, and we got one for review. It has got good build quality and comes with all basic sewing operations on it.
This handheld sewing machine mostly arrives in a white shade along with all the required accessories. You can work on silk fabric, thin curtains, or any other crafting material using this Portable Handheld Sewing Machine.
You can operate this machine in two ways, either by using batteries or by connecting it to a power source. This handheld sewing machine does not include any batteries or power adapter of its own, so you need to purchase them separately for the working. It is rightly designed to fit in your palms which provide ease of operation and the required control.
Try running on small clothes for developing your child’s stitching skills. Just playing with toys won’t do any good to them.
Topics covered in the manual – safety tips, warnings, and then completely about the working and use of the Handheld Sewing Machine.
Machine components are introduced, and then the steps on how to setup the product is explained. It includes all the necessary diagrams, which makes it easy for the users to get started. There is a 6 months warranty included, so if you face any quality or machine problem Warranty will help you out!
The accessories that come along with the Amado Portable Mini Handheld Machine are :
- Mini Sewing Machine!
- Device required for the needle component
- One Long Stick
- Finally, the Sewing Needle
For all those who think that it includes the power adapters, sorry guys! You will have to purchase them separately and get the sewing on!
- Portability: This mini handheld sewing machine comes in a compact shape, and so you can easily carry it with you while traveling. All this together makes it a portable choice!
- Easy to operate: Working is so far simple. We checked on the functions provided on it, and they are pretty decent for the beginners as well as kids.
- Cost-Effective: This handy portable sewing machine is highly affordable, making it accessible for all the buyers.
- Manual: Instructions are not easy to comprehend, and so users are finding it difficult on the overall working. So manual must be more elaborate and clear.
- Reliability: We also came across problems like unit not working after a short usage period. If this occurs within the warranty time, you can work out on some solutions with the company.
Our overall verdict and score for this Handheld Sewing Machine is 85/100! One of the main highlights is the cost and the features that this one comes with. At this price range, you are getting a unit which can work for a variety of materials. We would just say, go for it!
#2 Best In Convenience: Amado Portable Double Speed Mini Sewing Machine
We got another Amado Sewing Machine for you, and this is the Portable Double Speed. It comes in a White and Purple color, which is one of the favorite color combinations among all. Convenience and Weight factors are rightly addressed on this. If you are searching for the smallest compact handheld sewing machine, then you have to consider this Amado model.
This appliance is light weight. Thus it lets the user install the machine wherever they wish to. User Convenience at its Best!
With many other add-on features, it comes at a higher price rate compared to the previous Amado handheld sewing machine. This has become a favorite among all, for their innovative and simple functions.
Most important feature among all is the convenience! With this handheld sewing machine, even the beginners, as well as pro users, can get the best out of it.
Here the sewing speed is adjustable one so that you can choose the right speed accordingly. For controlling the unit, you can choose either the hand or the foot option.
The makers have tried their level best in keeping the machine as light as possible, with retaining all the built qualities.
Thus you can easily carry around your handy machine wherever you wish to. The compact shape also ensures that it does not take up a lot of your space.
This compactness also lets you easily store the device in your drawer. It features double switching methods, one is the regular pedal switch, and the other one is the push button. So you can choose the one which suits you the best!
It makes use of four 1.5V AA batteries. Therefore, you won’t require any plugging ports around. The foot pedal is connected to the back of the unit, which is the only wire you will find while working on this.
There is one Operation Manual which comes along with this Double Speed Portable / Handheld Sewing Machine. Read all the instructions, and perform the processes as it is given in the book. You can work on a range of materials ranging from a kid’s clothing to any bed-sheet fabric.
Before getting started with the machine, it is mandatory to know the names and functionality of each component. Understand the machine initially, and then you are all set to go!
It includes all the basic accessories which will help you in starting the sewing work. You will find all the following equipment in the package:
- We can’t miss out your Sewing Machine here.
- Threader, one with the Bobbins!
- Machine compatible Foot Pedal
- This sewing unit functions using batteries as well as with a power source. They don’t include the batteries, but you will get a wall charger in the package.
That’s all! You can also buy the other additional accessories separately for higher level sewing projects.
- Versatility: You can try out many different stitching styles, and even work on a variety of projects. It can help you in making blankets, purses, bags, along with the regular clothing.
- Double Switch options: This Sewing Machine has got two switching techniques; one is the Pedal Switch and the second one is Push-Button switch. It depends on the user which he/she wants to opt.
- Easy to Store: This machine has got a compact shape, and so you can easily store the unit while not in use. It is compact to the level of being a handheld sewing machine.
- Stitch pattern: Sometime we find issues relating to Inconsistent stitching, and other thread tangling issues.
We would give a score of 78/100 for this Amado Portable Handheld Sewing Machine. It is a bit higher on the cost part, comparing it with the previous Amado unit. But this Portable model has got more additional features on it, along with the User Convenience in check. Completely Worth Purchasing.
#3 Best for Beginners: Haitral Double Speed Portable Sewing Machine
It is a Double Speed Mini Sewing Machine, rightly designed for the children. Your child can start with the sewing on this. It comes with a plastic build, and this makes it light in weight. You can easily move the unit from one place to another effortlessly. It works as a handheld sewing machine.
It has got a double speed and double threading feature. Users can make use of the additional features like light, cutter which is present on this Haitral Portable / Handheld Sewing Machine.
The two-line design allows you to perform bottom line as well as a surface line for getting the perfect stitch! Using this tiny sewing machine, you can work on denim along with the silk fabrics. You can switch between low to high speed, and even adjust your appropriate speed on the machine.
This is mainly designed for working small projects. Children of the age 13 or more can start their sewing learning here. There is the top drop-in bobbin which makes the threading task more simple for you.
The manual begins with all the acknowledgments, and it is followed by the Machine Parts intro. Then comes the ‘Getting Started’ section, where you will find all the details on how to deal with the machine.
One of the crucial steps is the thread handling part, so check out the Page 7 carefully. Read the steps, and follow them step-by-step as given in the user guide. If you want to check if the threading is done properly, measure the distance between the top thread & bottom thread. This should be around 4 inches.
The package of Haitral Handheld Sewing Machine includes the following accessories:
- Number one we have the Sewing Machine itself. No batteries included, so you need to buy them separately.
- One external Power Supply.
- Foot Pedal (1)
- Bobbins and Needles
- The Needle Threader
- User Manual
These are the accessories and other components which you will get to use. Just that, you need to get the batteries for running the machine.
- Best for Beginners: This is a super deal for the young or old beginners out there, who wish to explore the Sewing World. We always recommend the users to read the instructions carefully before using it.
- Compact quality: The compact feature allows the child to easily handle the machine. This also helps with quick learning.
- The bobbin case is getting loose: This is pretty natural, and it is not a major drawback though. All you need to do is re-align the bobbin case, and voila! it is back to normalcy!
- It’s just a Basic machine: If you are planning to try out thick or any denim sewing, then STOP! This sewing unit is just a basic model, and it does not support a heavy load.
Haitral scores 72/100 as per our quality tests, making it a good to go product! If you are shopping-for-my-kid buyer, then this is the rightly apt choice. Designed keeping in mind the young enthusiasts and other beginner audience. It is light weight and a handheld sewing machine. Solve any issue for free within six months of warranty period. Pay nothing at all.
We are concluding the reviews here, and hope you guys found it all worthy of your time. We would like to add one tip here. After you are done with the purchasing, keep the system well maintained and use it exactly as mentioned by the manufacturers. In this way, you can get the best performance by the unit for a long time. Till then Keep Sewing, and Keep visiting our page Sewing Step!