Looking out for the Best Sewing Machine for Beginners? It is one hell of a job! Trust me. That’s why we decided to do a review on this, and help all the sewing enthusiasts out there. The features of the unit may be relative, but Ease of Use and Convenience are the Must Considerations. Check out our Top Picks of Sewing Machine for 2017, and also find our Buying Guide added towards the end of this article.
An Overview: Top Picks in Sewing Machine for Beginners
Brother XL2600I Free-Arm remains the number 1 recommended sewing machine for beginners. It has got a special built which is found to be perfect for beginners. Along with the stitch selector dial, you will also find many other automated functions running on it.
If looking out for a budget pick, then go with BROTHER CS6000I Computerized sewing machine. It is simple to use, comes with an LCD on it. Oversized design makes it apt for handling large projects or other quilting work.
From all the Heavy Duty Stitching platforms, SINGER 4411 Sewing Machine with Metal Frame stands apart. It gives a professional sewing speed with the rate of 1100 stitches/minute. Also, you can easily work on almost any kind of fabric conveniently.
For better understanding, beginners can opt for a traditional kind of sewing machine. Find such characteristics in the SINGER 2259 model. They have also added many modern utilities like automatic buttonholer, stitch selector dial, and four other presser foots.
Searching out for a sewing machine with many stitching styles? Check out the Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing & Quilting system. They provide 130 stitching styles and eight variations in buttonhole designs. It doesn’t end there! In addition to this, you will get 14 quilting patterns added! Find out more about the product in the coming section.
Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
#1 Recommendation - Brother XL2600I 25-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine
Brother is one among the top quality suppliers for home sewing and other embroidery solutions. They are famous for their quality performing machines, accessories, and other easy to use gadgets. This is our top recommendation for all the beginners out there. With this Brother sewing machine, you can now try out different home sewing works, including altering and quilting.
The Stitch Selector Dial helps with choosing the type of the stitch you want to try on the fabric. You will get to use many decorative stitches and other heirloom designs. Additionally there is one inbuilt free arm which allows the user to work on the hems for sleeves or pants.
It is a versatile machine that we can use for stitching, sewing, and even other quilting works. You need to follow the threading pattern printed on this Brother sewing machine. With the help of the automatic threader, you can easily thread along with it and get the stitching done all easy for you.
There are 25 in-built stitches in this free arm sewing machine, along with many multiple stitching functions. This will be a perfect choice for those working on daily cloth projects and other newbies. Bobbin setting is simple, just drop it in the bobbin and simply pull out the thread and start stitching!
With the help of the buttonhole foot, you can create customized button holes in just 1 step.
First, you need to read all the safety and other warning instructions given in the beginning.
Coming to the primary contents of the guide, it starts with “Know your Sewing Machine.” It discusses all the mechanical parts and other accessories included with the main sewing machine.
After that you will get the introduction to the zig-zag and the basic straight stitching. This is followed by all the stitching types in this Sewing machine.
And the fourth chapter in the manual explains on how to start off with buttonhole making. The sub-topics are adjusting buttonholes, and also sewing them manually.
You will find different attachments which come along with the main sewing apparatus. The next section deals with all these components, with a detailed explanation on Monogramming and Embroidery. It finally ends with the maintenance, cleaning and other troubleshooting tips.
There are around 9-10 accessories included, and Buttonhole foot remains the major one. Because of the simple design, you can begin using this sewing machine with the help of the right accessories.
- The Buttonhole foot allows you to make automatic and precise buttonholes for shirts or other fabric. It is a one step process in which you can make buttonholes of varied sizes, and sew them out swiftly. (Well, it will take some time for a beginner!)
- The total number of 5 foots are present here – Buttonhole foot, Zipper foot, Narrow Hemmer Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Stitch foot.
- One additional spool pin is also added.
- In the needles department, you will find a set of 3 needles of the medium size. They also provide one twin needle, along with the needle set.
- Other basic accessories include Screwdriver, one Darning Plate, and three pieces of Bobbin.
Therefore, you won’t need any component to get started with the sewing. In short, you are all set!
- Buttonholes - One-step Buttonholes helps with creating fine, custom sized buttonholes.
- Stitch Selector Dial - You can now set the stitch type using the stitch selector dial provided.
- Warranty - Superb warranty of 25 years comes along with this sewing machine. Though it is available for limited period only
- Versatility - As the sewing machine is versatile, you can try out quilting, heirloom stitches along with the basic sewing.
- Thread Tension - This makes the stitching process tough. Users have to re-thread again and do all the settings to get it started.
In conclusion, it is a good Sewing Machine considering the features provided. An easy-to-use machine rightly built for the beginners that come with all the necessary accessories. The light in weight design also makes it effortless to travel around. Are you looking for a simple yet high-end unit? Then you can’t go wrong with this purchase!
#2 Our Budget Pick - Brother CS6000I Computerized Sewing Machine
We got the Budget Pick for you! It is another Sewing Machine by Brother. Along with being portable, you will come across many varieties of stitching and quilt design options. You can choose from 60 inbuilt stitching patterns, and they also provide decorative stitches too. It includes seven customizations for the one-step buttonholes.
Brother CS6000I is a computerized sewing machine, so you need to have some tech knowledge before using. Even though, if you are not familiar with the technology, you can still get started with using it.
There is one LCD which lets you set the stitch length, width, and other related settings. One unique addition here is the Start/Stop button. Using this you can initiate or end the process without the intervention of your foot control. With the help of the speed control, you can alter the sewing speed as per your choice.
All the settings are mainly done via the LCD. Choose the stitch type, and check for the selected option displayed on the LCD. The table which is the base of the machine is comparatively larger than other sewing systems. This oversized design helps while working on the quilts and other bigger sewing projects.
All the manuals have got a similar structure except a few points. Here the manual begins with all the safety and warning instructions, kindly read them carefully before getting started with the sewing.
User Manual is divided into 4 sections, and the first chapter deals with the introduction of the sewing machine. All the details related to the Machinery parts, their functions and usage are given. You can get all the accessory details in the same chapter.
The second chapter is about the basics of Sewing. Moreover, they have included different sewing tips for skill enhancement. All the other advanced level stitching is covered in the third chapter.
Find all the details related to maintenance and troubleshooting in the last chapter. They have also given the solutions for various error messages encountered while working with the sewing machine.
You will get one protective hard case for storing this portable device. There is one over-sized table with the main package which helps while working on quilts.
9 foots come along with this sewing machine – walking foot, overcasting foot, zipper foot, blind stitch foot, buttonhole foot, monogramming foot, button fitting foot, spring action quilting foot, and finally zig-zag foot.
Other basic accessories – screwdriver, spool pin, needle set, cleaning brush, bobbins, power cord. The manual is bilingual, benefiting both Spanish as well as English readers.
The final section discusses all the maintenance and other troubleshooting tips. It also explains on how to clean and maintain the machine surface and bobbin case.
- Best for Beginners – You will find many easy to handle functions. These include 1 step buttonhole maker, oversized table, automatic needle threader, and much more. All of them together make this unit the ideal choice for the beginners as well as professionals.
- Work Area can be lit up – The sewing area can be lit up using the bright light setting available. This helps while working on dark colored fabrics.
- Easy functions – With the LCD setting on the machine, you can now easily choose the stitch type, and then look up to the screen for the selected choice.
- Controllable Sewing Speed – This allows the user to choose their suitable sewing speed. It can range between low to high, so set the speed according to your comfort.
- Oversized Table – If you have dreamed of getting some extra working space, then it could be now possible here. With the oversized table, you can work on any large quilt projects with more ease.
- Jamming – After all the threading, the machine gets jammed after about 5-6 stitches. Machine gets jammed with the thread while the working.
In spite of this jamming problem, the Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine has been doing great for the customers. Quilting, Hem stitches, Zig-Zag, Button-hole all-in-one! Where else would you get these excellent features for this price range?
#3 SINGER 4411 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
Next, we have got a heavy-duty sewing machine, which features a good quality metal frame in the interiors. The bedplate of Singer 4411 is made up of stainless steel. It comes with a strong motor which provides high-speed sewing for the users. With all these setups, you can, in fact, throw any fabric for stitching.
Some of the major features include the heavy duty motor, stainless steel bedplate, and the amazing sewing speed. Using this versatile machine, you can get all kind of works, be it any alterations or any project! Everything is now easy with this Singer 4411 Heavy Duty.
Here the drop-in bobbin has got a clear-view lid, thus making it easy for monitoring purpose. You can look out for the thread and the bobbin separately with this feature.
It has got a stitching rate of 1100 stitches in one minute, and that makes it almost 60% more powerful than other motors.
The start to the manual lists all the important safety instructions. The main contents of the manual begin with the Machine Basics. All the machinery parts, setup process, and accessories are given in this chapter.
Then comes on how to thread the machine which includes details on how to deal with the bobbin, upper thread, and the thread tension.
The third section explains the Sewing process and covers all the basic stitching styles. They are buttonhole making, blind hem, reverse stitching, etc. Followed by some general topics like feed dog, presser foot, needle/thread chart.
Finally get the troubleshooting and other maintenance details in the last chapter of the manual.
There is one set of standard accessories and some other optional accessories which can be purchased separately for better performance.
Standard accessories which come along with the sewing machine: all purpose foot, buttonhole foot, zipper foot, seam ripper, quilting guide, spool holders, bobbin (3 nos.), L-shaped screwdriver, a pack of needles, spool pin, spool pin left, one soft cover buttonhole foot, button sewing foot.
You can get different types of foot in optional accessories: hemmer, overcasting, gathering, even feed, satin stitch, cording, blind hem, quilting, embroidery, and finally one twin needle.
- Smooth Fabric Feeding – The bed plate is made of stainless steel, and this makes it easy for the user to feed in the fabric.
- Powerful motor – Get an awesome stitching rate of 1100 stitches/minute! All this is possible due to the strong motor included in here.
- Presser Foot – The presser foot pressure is user adjustable, and thus you can easily switch from thin to the thick fabric at any point.
- Bobbin Trouble – Many of the users mentioned different issues relating to the bobbin threading. Some of them found it difficult to handle and thus hindering all the stitching work.
This heavy duty sewing machine is apt for professional use along with household use. With the 11 inbuilt stitching patterns, a beginner can easily get started with this. Additionally, you will also get one automatic 4-step buttonhole making utility. With the quality build, you can be very sure of getting an extended usage.
#4 SINGER 2259 Tradition Easy-to-Use
You may find some common features missing in this, but that is just because it is a Beginner’s machine. It is more close to the traditional sewing machines, and is also easy to use. We will check out the features and other accessories that come with it.
The Singer Tradition Series helps the user to add stitching as one among their hobbies. You will find features like automatic 4-step buttonhole making, easy presser feet, quick stitch selection, and many more.
With the 19 inbuilt stitching patterns, you can easily try out the basic designs to any complex home decor patterns. If you are a just-learning person, then this is just-perfect for you! There is one dial provided for choosing the stitch length. So select the one which matches perfectly with the fabric type. Along with this, you can even select the stitch type too.
Singer 2259 instruction manual begins with all the safety instructions and other Warning points. Read all the points carefully so that you don’t hurt anyone or yourself while the usage.
Coming to the main contents, the first chapter explains all the parts of the sewing machine. It also explains how to connect the sewing machine with the power source. This is followed by the list of accessories present.
Next two chapter focuses on the threading and other sewing basic. All these are of the beginner’s level only. Some additional information about the presser foot shank, needle/thread chart, etc. are also available. Maintenance and other troubleshooting guide take a mention in the final chapter.
There are around 12 accessories which come along with this Singer sewing machine. The list is given below:
1. Zipper foot
2. All purpose foot
8. Spool Holder
3. Button sewing foot
9. Darning Plate
4. Buttonhole foot
10. Quilting Guide
5. Oil bottle
11. Needle Set
6. Bobbin (3 nos.)
12. Seam Ripper
So these are the accessories that come with the device, and along with them, you can get other optional accessories for increasing the efficiency.
- Stitch Options – First you will get one stitch selector dial. You need to choose the stitch type, and also the length of the stitch required by you. This helps in getting the right setting for your work.
- Versatility – 19 inbuilt stitching options make it possible to get basic home stitching, fashion style sewing, crafts and other decorative stuff too. All these options make it a versatile machine.
- Handling – It has got a simple design and less number of functions, making it the perfect choice for the beginners. Easy to handle and best for getting the basics.
- No hemming – It feels as if the sewing machine is sensitive to hemming. You won’t be able to hem your jeans rightly using this.
Altogether, it is a pretty good deal for the beginners, considering the cost and the features offered. The internal framing has been done rightly giving you a durable and smooth sewing experience.
#5 Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine
Computerized machine mostly comes with many automated functions. This holds true for this Brother HC1850, and it has got 130 stitching styles on one sewing machine. Brother is known for providing flexible and quality sewing machine solutions at reasonable rates.
This flexible machine allows you to try out different tasks ranging from quilt design, basic monogramming to basic home clothing and other decorative stitches.
In the 130 stitch styles, you will get eight different buttonholes, inbuilt monogramming fonts. Types of stitches include the garment stitching, quilting work, and finally the decoration type. 12 Heirloom designs come along with eight different buttonholes settings.
There is one LED light for ease of work, especially while working on dark shade fabric. With the help of the flip chart found with the machine, you can easily know all the stitch type details. Bobbin can be easily setup, just drop the bobbin, pull out the thread and begin Sewing!
Find all the safety related instructions in the beginning. This manual is more elaborative in comparison to other manuals found till now.
The main contents of the manual begin after the warning instructions. Titles are given as Know Your Machine, Sewing Basics, Stitching and other Utility features, and the final Appendix discusses on how to maintain the machine and other troubleshooting tips.
There are in total 19 accessories which come along with the product. Out of them, 8 falls under the category of Foots. These are given as Zigzag foot, overcasting foot, quilting foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, monogramming foot, button fitting, and blind stitch foot.
Other accessories include seam ripper, cleaning brush, disc-shaped screwdriver, spool cap in three different sizes (small, medium, and large), foot controller, one extra spool pin. Among the needle components, you will get one Needle set, twin needle, and finally one ball point needle.
- LED light setup – If you are working on any dark colored fabric, then you can lit up the LED setting provided. Undoubtedly, this adds a unique convenience for the users with making the cloth more visible to them.
- Easy Bobbin use – Bobbin can be easily setup, you just have to drop in the bobbin first. Then pull the thread from the slot provided, and begin sewing.
- Wide Table accessory – This is an additional feature present. Using this wide table, you can get extra space while dealing with large sewing projects. It also helps you with better handling the cloth.
- Plastic made – Some of the major machine parts are made out of plastic. This degrades the overall quality and performance.
For the price, it is a good deal. Coming to the features, HC 1850 Sewing Machine comes with a whopping 130 stitching designs! That too in an affordable range. Other highlights include the 8 presser foot options along with the monogramming tool.
#6 SINGER 1234 Sewing Machine
Easy and Smooth Threading helps the user to easily get started as a Beginner! It won’t take much time for sewing or even threading. You can easily set all the stitch settings, including the stitch length and width. One automatic buttonhole feature is also present in here, with 4-steps in it.
To begin with, there are many automated functions which make it a time saver for you. In just 4 steps, you can create beautiful and precise buttonholes for your fabric or shirt. This works automatically though. It has included some vinyl stickers that you can stick to the unit for customization.
Two spool pins are arranged together for providing parallel row stitching. It will come useful while hemming or trying out any decorative stitch. Durability is rightly provided since it has got a heavy-duty internal framing done. We can find 3 Different presser feet here; Zipper, Buttonhole, and the all-purpose.
Read all the safety instructions carefully before starting with the working.
There are five divisions in the manual, and the first division covers the Basic about the Sewing Machine. It begins with all the machinery parts included. If you got any confusion relating to the connection, check out the 2nd topic in the Machine Basics itself.
The second division is dedicated to learning on how to do the threading. All the dealing related to the bobbin thread and the upper thread is explained here.
Next division is all about Sewing. All about Stitching patterns, buttonhole making, Hemming, Piping, Zippers, etc. are added. This follows all other general details (darning plate, presser foot shank) present in the device. The final chapter has details of maintenance and other troubleshooting tips.
The Singer 1234 Sewing Machine comes with 9 standard accessories, and you can separately buy some accessories for better performance.
The Singer equipment also includes the following accessories:
1. All purpose foot
6. Three packs of Needles
2. Buttonhole foot
7. Darning plate
3. Zipper foot
8. Bobbin (3 nos.)
9. Seam Ripper
5. Spool pin felt (2 nos.)
All these machinery parts come with the package.
- For the Beginners – With simple instruction and functions, it is one of the best choices for the beginners. Setting up is easy, you just need to follow the steps given in the manual.
- Accessorize it up – It comes with all basic and a few advanced accessories. This makes sewing fun! Added to this, the machine has an adjustable stitch length and width feature on it.
- Portable – It is small and has got a compact design. A perfect choice for traveling users.
- Bobbin Alert – While you are working on it, the bobbin won’t seem to fit in tightly. While some users found that the Bobbin is falling out from the sewing machine.
On each purchase, you will get access to one online sewing class. This is specifically set for a beginner user so that they can refer the video and learn on how to deal with this Singer 1234 Sewing Machine.
#7 Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine
XM2701 is a light weighted sewing machine, which comes with 27 inbuilt stitches, 6 feet settings, and one automatic 1-step buttonholer. It can go perfectly with the beginners as well as professionals. This is because you will get simple functions along with many advanced settings. Decorative stitches, hem stitching, Quilting are present on this Brother unit.
One of the main qualities added here is the convenience. You will find automatic needle threader, using which you can easily thread along within the needle effortlessly. Even the bobbin winding is automated here. The user manual comes in two different languages; English and Spanish. With the 25-years limited warranty benefit, you also get a lifetime online and phone support.
It has got 6 different foot options, and they are buttonhole, zig-zag, zipper, hemmer, button sewing, and finally the blind stitch option.
There is one dial added for choosing the stitch type, and the Jam-resistant bobbin ensures that the bobbin stays in place. This works in providing reliable and quality stitch to the users.
The manual begins with 2-3 safety instructions. Most of you guys just skip this portion, but it is very important to carefully read them out.
Manual begins with the topic Know your Sewing Machine – it covers every information about the sewing machine, including the mechanical parts and their accessories. The 2nd chapter contains the Basics of Sewing in detail.Get to know everything about the stitching styles and their use in the 3rd chapter. The next chapter that is the 4th chapter explains the making of a buttonhole and different buttonhole adjustments.
The fifth chapter deals with all the attachments included with the sewing machine. It even discusses the foot types and their working in the same chapter. Maintenance, along with the troubleshooting guide is there in the final chapter number 6.
The 9 accessories that come with this Brother machine are as follows:
1. Zig-Zag foot
2. Buttonhole foot
7. Needle Set
3. Zipper foot
8. Oval Screwdriver
4. Button Sewing Foot
9. Foot Controller
5. Darning plate
You can add some other additional accessories like walking foot, quilting foot, blind stitch foot, and others for increasing the overall functionality.
- Designed for the beginners – If you are new to sewing and want to get started with the basics, then this sewing machine will be a good purchase for you. It has tried to cover all the major functions in this machine. Thus it can work out well for an average as well as pro sewing person too.
- Value for money – Cost of this basic machine is found to be reasonable. Also, it is definitely worthy of the investment you make.
- Stitch Selector – There is one dial provided using which you can choose one particular type of the stitch. This makes the stitching fun and easy for learners.
- Packaging problem – The packaging is not done properly by the company side. Because of this, some of the vital components are not delivered safely.
- Build quality – Some of the sewing parts are plastic made. Bobbin cover is of the similar kind so, users can hope for some quality enhancement in the future updates.
For those looking out for convenience or portability, then they can go for this manual sewing machine. Moreover, the brand also provides one instructional DVD which can rightly come to your help. As per user reviews, the DVD is easy to follow and a great addition to this unit.
#8 Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine
Now you can create your own style statement using this high-end Electric Sewing Machine. This exclusive Project Runway by Brother is easy to learn with all the basic to advanced features. It offers all the trending solutions to the user as per their requirement. Moreover, threading is found to be of a reliable quality, and you can easily sew a good range of fabrics with it.
Now it is possible to sew like a professional at home with the Electric Sewing Machine by Brother. With this system, you can add buttonholes, do zipper work and other decorative designs. You need to select the particular stitch type, and then do other stitch settings. The choice you select will appear on the LCD screen.
It falls in the ultra lightweight category, and so you can carry this product wherever you wish to. You can even take it to your sewing classes. The auto needle threader pushes the thread into the needle with just one push of a lever.
The manual begins with the Warning and other Safety instructions. It is important to read all of them carefully before processing.
Then the main content of the manual starts, divided into 4 different sections. The first section explains all about the sewing machine. It includes all the information related to the accessories, names of the machine parts, sewing functions, threading. In addition, needle and the presser feet replacement is given in the same chapter only.
Second and the third chapter explains the basics of sewing and stitching respectively. While the final chapter explains on how to correctly maintain the system. Even the common error message issues along with the troubleshooting guide are given in this 4th chapter.
Among the 19 accessories present in this, you will get 7 different types of foot. They are: buttonhole foot, monogramming foot, zipper foot, zigzag foot, overcasting, button fitting, and blind stitch.
Another basic equipment which is provided here are Screwdriver, Cleaning brush, Needle Set, Twin and Ball Point Needle, Spool cap in three sizes (small, medium and large), extra Spool pin, Seam Ripper, Bobbins. Also, one foot controller device is there for the easyworking. User Guide and one bilingual manual (English & Spanish) are present along with the other elements.
- Light in weight – It has got a light in weight design, and so you can carry this wherever you wish to take around. You will get one smooth carrying handle design on it, and so you can take it for the classes.
- Stretch Stitching – With the stretch stitching ability, you can sew around smoothly for elastic or any other stretchy fabric.
- Feed mechanism – It has got a smooth feeding feature, and thus you can move around the cloth easily while the sewing is on.
- Bobbin – Some complain about the winding bobbin. The thread gets tangled and thus delaying the sewing work.
This is indeed a surprising deal for all, considering the price and features. Along with an effortless sewing, you will get the professional quality buttonhole setting. Additionally, Stitch chart is attached to the front of the unit itself for your convenience. It is one of those rare stitching machines, which has come with multiple sewing functions.
#9 Singer 3232 Simple Sewing Machine
Singer 3232 and 3221 have got almost similar features, the major difference is the number of stitches. 3232 model has got 32 stitches, whereas the 3221 comes with 21 stitches. We are reviewing the 32 stitch machine that has got some incredible features in it. We will find out soon.
We will list out the features this time. Key features of Singer 3232 are:
- One-step automatic buttonhole making
- Stitch length and width adjustment
- Automatically it does the needle threading
- Internal metal frame is of high quality, and this makes the sewing machine pretty durable for you
- Among the 32 stitches; 6 are stretch stitches, six essential stitches, 19 decoratives, and the remaining one is the buttonhole.
- The Free Arm quality makes the collar, pant hem and other difficult to reach places easier.
- The accessories also include the Four Presser foots. All-Purpose, Buttonhole, Zipper, and finally the Button Sewing.
The above-listed are some of the main highlighting features of this Singer product.
Find all the Machine basics and a detailed explanation of the threading mechanism. Other contents – the Sewing, Blind Hem, Reverse Stitching, Buttonhole making, etc.
The end of the manual also mentions about all the troubleshooting tips and maintenance information.
Following are the standard accessories which come along with the Sewing package.
1. Zipper foot
7. Quilting Guide
2. All purpose foot
3. Button sewing foot
9. Darning Plate
4. Buttonhole foot
5. Pack of needles
11. Soft Cover
6. Seam Ripper
12. Spool Holder
- Durable – The Internal frame is built using heavy duty metal. This keeps the system durable for a longer time.
- Free Arm utility – This unique feature offers ease while working on the collar, hem of the pants or other similar hard to reach portions.
- Limited Warranty – 25 years of limited warranty is available for this Singer 3232 machine.
- Machine is getting jammed – You may get in a situation where the sewing machine gets jammed. In this case, you just have to do some setting on the bobbin or check all the working instructions. For example, raising the presser foot while you are threading.
To Summarize, this is one of those systems which come with all the basic stitching options at a decent price. Singer is also popular among other stitching machines for a long time, and so that quality is well maintained here.
#10 Brother XM1010 Sewing Machine
It is a suitable sewing machine for everyday use and designed especially for the beginners. This is easy to set up and comes with simple controls. You can try out buttonholes, hems, zipper work, stretch stitching, and many more on this. With the clear view bobbin, you can now view the internal area without lifting the plate.
Brother XM1010 Sewing Machine comes with ten stitching patterns on it, and they include the buttonhole, hem stitching, and also the stretch stitching (knits). You will get 4-foot types; zig-zag, buttonhole, zipper and button sewing. Moreover, the ten stitching patterns are the popular ones which are in use for everyday sewing. With the presser foots, you can create many customized designs for your fabric.
Using automatic function, you can create buttonholes and they come in 4-steps. Accessories include needle set, foot controller, instructional DVD, screwdriver, user guide and the manual. In short, you won’t need any element to get start off with the sewing. Also, the free arm allows the user to conveniently work on the sleeve portions.
You can now mend your old jeans with this Brother XM1010. The inbuilt darning stitch function is helpful for this.
#11 SINGER 7363 Confidence Sewing Machine
Singer 7363 features one automatic needle threader and comes with 30 stitching styles. Among all these stitches, you will find two automatic 1-step buttonholes. For all those decorative designs make use of the lock stitch which keeps it all secure for you. The heavy duty metal frame used in the interior makes this Singer durable.
The Bobbin set adopts the Drop and Sew Method. This is different from the usual sewing machine where you had to lift up the bobbin for threading. Here set the bobbin, drop it, and Sew the cloth!
The LED light makes the sewing work more visible to you. Here you need to just set the bobbin, drop it in, and get started with the sewing. Tension is set by itself, depending on the type of the fabric. This can also be termed as Tension Adjustment.
Another noted peculiarity of this Singer is that it provides many helpful tutorials for the users. The topics covered in these – Installing a bobbin, Threading, and Presser Feet Handling.
Tips for Choosing the Best Sewing Machine
You will surely be in a dilemma with so many options on hand to choose from. To make things easy for you, we got the Top 10 factors for buying that right Sewing Machine. The list is as follows:
What is your need of buying a Sewing Machine?
You have landed up on our article, and so you must be looking out for a stitching unit. This means that you got a purpose for buying one. So find out the purpose for which you need one sewing machine. Do you want to perform stitching, embroidery work, quilting, or all of them?
And, there are some systems which have got all the functions in one, but they won’t be much effective compared to those devices which focus on a particular stitching style. This way you can cancel out many choices.
Level of Usage
Understand the amount of work you are going to do with the machine. Thus you can choose the unit accordingly as per your need and the frequency of use.
For a home sewing, you won’t need a heavy duty sewing. While others who are willing to work with a heavy load, daily, can opt from a high-end sewing gadgets.
Automation and other Features
Gone are the days when people used to put in manual efforts for sewing. You will now get computerized and automated options here, so go for the updated mechanism. Before confirming the purchase, do a check on all the features, and the level of convenience added.
Number of Built-in Stitches
Next, the number of inbuilt stitches needs to be a reason. Do you have any specification for the type and the number of stitches required? If no, then you must have!
After that look out for the products that are available with the matching details.
Size and the Weight
For the size and weight, you must know about the way you are going to use it. Incase you are a traveling person, then a light weight, compact machine will be good. Also, note one point that light sewing device won’t be able to handle heavy fabrics.
So consider the need and the go for the unit with the suitable size and weight.
After you have decided the need and purpose of buying, make a note of all the features required by you. If you wish to buy a machine just for stitching, then choose the system which has got many varieties of stitching patterns on it.
Should I go for a branded Sewing Machine?
Like most of the buyers, you also might have that one favorite brand on your mind. Yes, this is natural!
We will suggest going only for branded machines. Who wants to ruin that fun of first time sewing? For all the efforts and price, we want you guys to get the best for the price only. This is possible only for the branded gadgets.
The Noise Factor
Using sewing machine must not result in creating disturbances for you or others in the surrounding. So check if the machine has got any unpleasant noise while working.
Well, each sewing machine does make some sound depending on the motor. And replace your unit if it makes noise which is out of tolerance for a normal person. So do check this point before going further with the purchase.
Choose a sewing machine that has all the accessories you need in it. Also, find out if the system has got extra accessories which you don’t need. Don’t spend for this type of machine, only go for the one which you require.
Quick Check on the Manual
Your sewing machine must have a sorted out manual with all the clear explanation. If you are new to sewing, then you must have the best kind of manual for the understanding.
Consider these various points while purchasing a Sewing Machine.
Note: Kindly follow the manual provided with your system only. This is because no two systems are alike here, so it is always safe and good to follow the instructions set for the particular unit. This goes same for different tasks including bobbin threading etc.
How was our article Best Sewing Machine for Beginners? Was the Guide helpful enough for you? Feel free to post your queries or any suggestion you have in the feedback space given below. Till then, follow us on Sewing Step for latest sewing updates!